This the River class frigate HMCS Waskesiu, built in Equimault by the Canadian branch of Yarrows Ltd. It was launched in April of 1943 and served as a Atlantic convoy escort till May of 1945. A refit for tropical service was in process when the war ended. Declared surplus after the war, the ship was sold to India in 1947 to be converted to a pilot vessel and was renamed the Hooghly after the river on which it served.
Post a Comment