Sunday, February 3, 2013

Citroën for 1961

Continental Holiday.  The American Travel Guide to Europe.  
New York, 1961.
"DS" is pronounced in French as "Déesse" (goddess). 
 
According to the car's Wikipedia entry, "The DS came in third in the 1999 Car of the Century competition, recognizing the world's most influential auto designs, and was named the most beautiful car of all time by Classic & Sports Car magazine."

When I was a teenager, I got picked up hitch-hiking by someone driving one of these cars.  The ride was just lovely!  I almost never see these cars, but I've discovered that there are enough of them around to warrant an Ottawa Citroën Club!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen this ad before. Nice find! Thanks for the link to the Ottawa Citroen Club site. Come out to Perth Ontario in August 2013 to see some DSs in action.

Citroen Bob