The Kwasind is one of the two century-old passenger ferries belonging to the Royal Canadian Yacht Club in Toronto. Built for the club by the Polson Iron works in 1912 as a steam powered passenger ferry, she was converted to internal combustion in 1946. Power is now a 115 hp Caterpillar diesel engine.
Sharing duties with the older Hiawatha she continues to reliably provide ferry service for members between the mainland and the club's premises located near Centre Island.
|At the foot of Yonge St. May 21 1929|
National Diesel Engine specializes in the remanufacturing of heavy duty diesel
engines including Caterpillar Diesel Engines, with the highest level of skill,
professionalism and efficiency. URL:http://caterpillardieselengines.org ,
keyword: caterpillar diesel engines
title:Rebuilt Diesel Engines, discription:" content="Diesel Engine Reman"/>
Post a Comment