Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Good Reads: An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth



Published in 2013, this is a phenomenally wise and inspiring book from one of Canada's preeminent  astronauts.

If you haven't seen the incredible video of the song I.S.S. played with the Barenaked Ladies and the Wexford Gleeks, click here:


For all of his incredible accomplishments, he retains the common touch for others and the sense of wonder about our species and its place on this amazing planet.  He takes the many lessons he learned in preparing for and executing space missions, and applies them to challenges of our daily lives.  I can't recommend this book highly enough.  It's helped me so much in my own ongoing battle with cancer.

For visitors familiar with my own rants on this blog about thoughtless roadside litter, I found his comments below particularly supportive.  Thanks, Chris, so very much.


No comments: